Career options in Medical Field
- Dental Surgeon
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Sanitary Inspector
PMT is a medical exam, conducted at national level for entrance in various medical colleges. PMT stands for Pre Medical Test.The exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in several medical colleges across the country. 15% of the total seats in all medical and dental colleges run by the Union of India, state governments, municipal or other local authorities in India, except in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir, were reserved for candidates who qualified this examination.
The exam was conducted in a single stage that usually occurred on the first Sunday of May. The examination consisted of one paper containing 180 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology), having 45 questions from each subject. The exam duration was 3 hours. Each question carried 4 marks. For each incorrect response, one mark used to be deducted from the total score. However, no deduction from the total score was made if no response was indicated for an item. Indication of more than one answer for a question was deemed an incorrect response and negatively marked.
For getting admission in finest medical college, this national eligibility entrance test is mandatory to qualify. It is a common exam for entrance in various medical colleges so students do not need to appear for many exams. It helps in providing admissions in top colleges of India. Student can focus on one exam and can keep themselves stress-free.
- He / she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his / her admission to the 1st year MBBS / BDS Course and is an Indian National.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 ( five ) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes. Candidate must born on or between :
- 01st January, 1987 to 01st January, 2000 ( SC / ST / OBC Category )
- 01st January, 1992 to 01st January, 2000 ( Other Category )
- Minimum required qualification to apply for Punjab PMET 2016 is 10+2 or other equivalent examination after a period of 12 year study
- Along with Physics, Chemistry and Biology candidate should have English as one of main subjects in 12th examination to be eligible to apply for Punjab PMET 2016
- Applicants who belong to general category should have scored minimum 50% in 12th examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Candidates from scheduled caste and backward caste categories are required to score minimum 40% in aforesaid subjects
- Age requirements- According to Punjab PMET 2016 age criteria Candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2016, no exceptions. Any candidate below this age will not be allowed for admission into MBBS or BDS programme under any circumstances.
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, J & K and Telangana are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as both these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration, which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling. In that,
- The online Self Declaration made by such candidates will be verified and if found to be false, the admission of all such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, J & K and Telangana can appear in AIPMT for admission to AFMC, Pune.